Sunday, April 25, 2010

It is called fiction for a reason

So my good friend Kathryn sent me this link the other day. It is awesome and I have been reading other funny stuff on that blog. This post isn't so much about the blog as it is about one comment in particular.

A commenter basically said people shouldn't kill spiders because of "Charlotte's Web". This is ridiculous! That spider may have saved Wilbur's life, but pork products are delicious and spiders are gross. Also, the idea that spiders can talk makes them that much scarier.

I saw a pretty small spider in my bathroom yesterday, freaked out, debated with myself about an appropriate weapon, found a Land's End catalog with which to kill it, freaked out again at the prospect that i might miss it thereby causing it to fall into the tub where I was standing.

This dance went on for a couple of minutes. Needless to say, I survived. The spider didn't. I doubt any pigs went to the slaughterhouse as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment