Sunday, December 19, 2010

Appetizing

So I was referred to this recipe and I thought it looked good. These so-called "Mystery Biscuits" seemed to be right up my alley. How can you go wrong with flaky biscuits, butter, and crumbly cheese? The only problem is that I'm not a huge Blue Cheese fan. Its okay, I guess, but not my favorite. I decided to substitute feta and chopped spinach. My thought was that it could be like the Greek pastry, spanikopita. This is my "Pseudospanikopita" and it is AMAZING. I think I'll make it over the Christmas Holidays as an appetizer.

The recipe itself was easy enough and the results were delicious. I think that if I make it again, I will go a little easier on the butter since some of the biscuits were slightly soggy on the bottom. Don't get me wrong, they were still great, but I preferred the crunchy parts more.

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, I probably should have warned you that it's always best to go a little lighter on the butter than the Pioneer Woman suggests. She's worse than Paula Deen in that regard. Glad to hear they turned out well, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM! Please don't make them until we get there.

    ReplyDelete