Thursday, February 17, 2011

Vacation!

I am less than 48 hours away from taking my first vacation in years! I use most of my holiday time to visit my parents in beautiful St. Cloud, MN or the rest of my family in Erie, PA. The one exception (in the last 3 years) was my 4 day trip to Nashville. That was fun, but it wasn't truly a vacation in the same sense as my upcoming week-long excursion to Orlando.

Some people may wonder why a 31 year old
would be going to Orlando with her parents and 29 year old brother. They would probably expect Key West or some other beach-oriented destination. Well, that is just not us! We have been talking about doing this for a couple of years now and we are finally all gainfully employed with vacation time (I'm talking about myself as the late bloomer in this scenario). The only hitch in the planning had been that my gainful employment and my mother's conflicted a bit when it came time to choose dates. Luckily, this year Mom's Spring Break falls in February, when I'm not too bogged down at work to justify leaving for a whole week.

This is a pretty close approximation of my current level of excitement:
I have one request from my co-workers, though. They are adamant that I get a picture of the four of us in Mickey Ears! I don't know how likely that is, but we may be so infected by the atmosphere of Disney that my father whips his wallet out of his fanny pack to buy Ears for us all. If that happens, I PROMISE to have photographic evidence! (Also, if he insists on wearing the fanny pack, there will be evidence)

3 comments:

  1. I have pink Mickey ears if you want to borrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, they will have to be purchased via fanny pack! I did hear a rumor that my father purchased not 1, but 4 fanny packs! This from a man who won't spend more than $12 on a case of beer. I have assured him that I will not be wearing an FP, I hope he kept his receipt.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, okay, I want a picture of the Morrow clan in Mickey ears and fanny packs. Bonus points if you pull your socks up. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete