Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Day Mess

I was so proud of myself for having gone out an bought some Valentines for my grandmothers and my parents. I had them addressed and ready to go in time to send out on Friday. I took them to work (because I can't send outgoing mail from my mailbox, and I wouldn't trust my mailman anyway). I totally forgot, however, to pick up more stamps!

There was no way anyone was getting their card from me on time, but I figured I buy stamps and send them out on Saturday.

Nope.

I left the cards at work! What a colossal waste. I could have kicked myself when I realized what I had done.

To further complicate my life, I also got a new pair of sneakers and I LOVE them. You may wonder why this would be so complicated...it is because these new sneakers are a replacement for my former favorite "reds". I have owned two pairs of identical red Sauconey Jazz sneakers and they are my all-time favorite shoe. The latest pair is well past prime and I have been searching for a new pair. I finally found some Roos that fit the bill, but that means my reds go into retirement. I am seriously conflicted.

4 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you found red sneakers. I am always looking for a pair for you but never see any. Not that I could buy you shoes if you weren't with me. Over the years, I have learned it is the thought that counts when it comes to cards. Send them anyway - you spent the money. When I look through my cards I see - 2 Happy Anniversary to two dear Grandparents, Happy Valentines Brother (Don't know if Sandy would appreciate not being included.), Happy Valentines Mother (We bought two new ones this year. You get the idea - just send them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new shoes are the blue ones. I don't think that was clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your father says not to get rid of your red sneakers. Bring them here and Rosie will chew them up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I won't be getting rid of my reds until they fall off my feet!

    ReplyDelete