Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Memento Moment

Remember that movie a while back, Memento? Guy Pearce played a guy who couldn't remember what happened from one day to the next. Well, instead of having a "senior moment", I've started having "memento moments".

Today I asked Nicole, at work, if we had decided on a place to put some particular files. She told me that we did and I had made a file for it. I knew we talked about it and where it would go, but I thought we hadn't put it together. I didn't remember getting the hanging file, I din't remember writing the words, I didn't remember putting it in the file cabinet at all. It wasn't until she showed me the hanging file, with a label in my own handwriting, hanging where I thought it should go, that I actually believed her.

I was just like Guy Pearce. I couldn't remember or believe that I did it until I saw it in my own hand. Luckily, I have Nicole so I don't have to tattoo little messages all over myself.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is a stada baba moment. The writer's of Memento stole the whole idea.

    ReplyDelete