Friday, November 12, 2010

Something I'm Loving This Week...

I feel like I do quite a bit of complaining on this blog, so I thought I'd change it up and give you something that makes me smile.

A Very Potter Musical has been around for over a year, but I just got around to watching it this past week. I had heard of it, but I didn't have a clue about what it actually was until Tuesday. It was a ground-breaking day for television with Glee's "Never Been Kissed" episode. It may not have been the best Glee ever, but it had some pretty great moments, the best of which you can read about here (Tom and Lorenzo say it better than I ever could).

The new character on the show, "Blane", is played by Darren Criss. I kept reading about how great this Criss guy is, but I figured he was some sort of pop singer or something. Well he is, but not really. He wrote the lyrics and music for A Very Potter Musical and played Harry as well. It is a hilarious homage to the Harry Potter books from people who are clearly fans, but are not blinded to its "flaws".

If you are a Harry Potter fan (and since I know you all personally, I'd say that applies to about 75% of you) you need to watch this. It is all available on Youtube, but I'll get you started here. Just be warned, the sound is a bit wonky at times but it is well worth that frustration.

Also, if you don't leave this thinking "damn, Voldemort is pretty hot!" then I question your taste level!

No comments:

Post a Comment