Monday, November 22, 2010

He Ain't Heavy

He's my brother...and he's in Chicago!

Ryan flew in Friday evening and we headed out almost immediately to dinner and an improv comedy show. The show was at a place called Comedy Sportz and it was pretty darn funny. I cried at least 3 separate times. It was a lot like Whose Line is it Anyway? and the funniest part was this thing they did where they read out the text messages from two people's phones in a scene.

On Saturday while I was in class, Ryan went to Game Day at Wrigley Field. He saw Mike Ditka and some other people. We went to the game and watched the Wildcats lose to the Illini. When Illinois scored twice in, like, the first 5 minutes, Ryan wanted to know why I didn't tell him NU was awful and why I bought him an NU hat. My only response is, knowing how little I know about football, why would he think I knew anything about it?

Either way, it was fun. He got to see Wrigley Field and I got in some good people watching.

Yesterday we went out for some more heartache and watched the Browns lose. We went to a place called the Old Town Social. Ryan was a bit dismayed to find out that they didn't have wings or nachos or $2 drinks, but it was nice to meet up with some friends.

Today was the Shedd and a trip Longman & Eagle. The Shedd was packed (it took us a good hour to get in) but the restaurant was great. They made awesome drinks and the food was great. I will definitely be going back.

Anyway, tomorrow we are off to Minnesota for Turkey Day. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you two had lots of fun. I hope to get to go to Longman and The Eagle! I don't think MN will be as fun filled. Hopefully the two of you are ready for a little R&R, Harry Potter, pheasant hunting, and hopefully lunch at a fondue restaurant. Oh, and we are going to be serving a new cocktail Thanksgiving Seabreeze. As Ryan likes to say- another effort by me to get my kids drunk.

    ReplyDelete