Monday, January 31, 2011

Stada Baba...Now With EVEN More Betty White!

I meant to write about this a while ago, but never got around to it. One day, while surfing the interwebs and my favorite blogs, I came across an ad for the the DVD release of You Again. You may ask me "What the Hell is You Again?". To which I would reply: "Oh, that dumb-looking movie about a girl whose brother marries her high-school rival. I'm pretty sure nobody saw it".

It starred Kristen Bell, who I assume people must like because she keeps getting cast in movies, but I must confess that my world wouldn't be any different if she weren't in it. Also in the cast were Jamie Lee Curtis and Sigourney Weaver. From the trailers I know that Sigourney and her niece terrorized JLC and Kristen Bell's characters back in High School. Now there is a wedding to get ready for and these women can't be civil. There are incidents of accidental identical dresses, people get thrown into pools, and Betty White quips about being on Facebook and "The Twitter".

The thing of it is, that this ad I saw for the DVD didn't have a picture of Kristen Bell, Jamie Lee Curtis, Sigourney Weaver, or the girl who played the High School Bully, it just had Betty White. Apparently, in order to sell this movie, some marketing geniuses got the big idea to pump up the volume by adding outtakes, bloopers, and deleted scenes with "More Betty White".

I won't deny that I have enjoyed the career of Betty White and her recent renewed popularity. After Sophia, Rose Nyland was my favorite Golden Girl. Betty was pretty much the only spark of bearability in The Proposal, so I imagine the same is true for You Again.

So, as promised, more Betty White!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this movie, but loved your Betty White clip. Have you seen her sitcom that takes place in Cleveland? I haven't heard any reviews good or bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched a bit of the sitcom when I was visiting the Reams over Christmas. It was cute, she was pretty funny on it. You would probably like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha...highlight of your erie trip watching tv with the reams--- hot in cleveland and dog the bounty hunter (sorry bout that one but it entertains me)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo- we all know how high-brow your tv viewing choices normally are, so you can watch trash from time to time.

    ReplyDelete