Monday, April 26, 2010

Flowers

I got flowers at work last week for "administrative support day" or "wonderful secretary day" or whatever it was. I also got chocolate. The flowers were pretty and I had them placed strategically on my desk, by the window and my phone.

I will have to ask my mom to forgive me, as this post will get a little crude in a moment. Sandy: read no further.

The chocolate was great, I even shared some. The flowers looked nice and fresh this morning. However, a couple of times today, I turned my head only to get a whiff of what smelled like fart. Now, I work in an office where that just isn't an issue and I couldn't figure it out. My fear
was that someone else might smell it and cast suspicion upon me!

This went on until about 3pm, when I finally figured out that although my flowers looked fresh, they smelled like death. Needless to say, they went into the garbage and as far as I can tell, no one's suspicions were aroused.

Note: the flowers pictured here are just a representation and are in no way associated with the story above.

2 comments:

  1. Note: I think you are undestimating your mom and fart talk. She was a school teacher. But eeewwww to the smelly pretty flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joanna. I was more concerned about her being appalled at me actually writing the word!

    ReplyDelete