Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Super-evolutionary Me!


Today was "Root Canal: Part Deux". It was to be the final installment in my tooth decay saga. I have turned over a new leaf; I floss daily. Alas, it was not to be. No crown for this princess' tooth. Instead, my dentist found a mysterious fourth canal.

For those of you uninitiated into the root canal process, molars (like the one I was having roto-tilled), have 3 canals. That's why they take longer than those incisors and other mono-canaled teeth.

My dentist was working alone for most of today. No dental assistant. From what I saw, you need to be an octopus to do this, but she managed quite well. She commented on the petiteness of my canals (I assume all canals are pretty small, but mine must be extraordinarily so). We were winding down when she came across the aforementioned fourth canal. We had to take X-rays and, in true Norma Desmond fashion, I was ready for my close-up. A root canal expert was brought in and with much pushing of my jaw, confirmed that I was indeed a freak of nature.

Once the expert left, my dentist informed me of the result. I had to schedule another appointment. On the bright side, she referred to me as "super-evolutionary". Ladies and gentlemen, you are reading the thoughts of the next step in human evolution. I have glimpsed the future and it is more complex dentistry!

No comments:

Post a Comment