Thursday, September 30, 2010

Birthday Haul

As I come to the end of my last day of being 30, I look forward to being thirty-something. It makes me think about what is really important in life. Family, friends, health and (most importantly) material possessions.
Most of these gifts are from my loving parents. Unfortunately, I promised my mother that I wouldn't open these presents until my birthday. Luckily, there is at least one card I can open without the givers caring or even knowing that I jumped the gun...
Aww, kitty in a basket...who could have sent it?
That's right! Aunt Ruth and Uncle Dan! Wait...what? I don't have an Aunt Ruth or an Uncle Dan!
Oh yeah, from Camp Li Lo Li.
Meow!?
What's that you say? I've never met Aunt Ruth and Uncle Dan? I never even attended Camp Li Lo Li? Well kitties, you are right. I chose to further my illustrious softball career by playing in the All-Star game, rather than going to camp. That career was tragically cut short by my strong anti-sliding stance.

My non-attendace clearly hasn't dissuaded Aunt Ruth and Uncle Dan from wishing me a very blessed birthday every year for the past 20 years or so. Not only do I get a card, but it is literally stuffed with inspirational goodies.
As far as I can tell, this one is just a prayer card. I think it meets the definition of a prayer card.
This one, however, has a handy 2011 calendar on the back. Maybe I'll put it in my purse. Maybe.
Thanks to good old Camp Li Lo Li, I have been able to quench my thirst to open something.

Just kidding! I'll probably get a bit of a head start tonight so I can enjoy some of my gifts tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, that's totally hilarious! I love it!

    And impressive haul, mademoiselle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you were just talking about this b-day card at allison's wedding...kinda funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious. I'm jealous of you and your relationship with unknown aunts and uncles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me belly laugh. How do they know your address every time you move. Our real family members have problems getting you mail. Are you secretly sending the camp li lo staff those postcards announcing any address changes?

    ReplyDelete