Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Truth is Stranger than Fiction

Believe it or not, I am now in an NFL fantasy league. Even if you don't know me, you should have probably noticed that my taste in TV runs more to shows about glee clubs, vampires, sewing competitions and modeling, not so much sports.

This whole thing came about because my mom just got the NFL Red Zone. (I think that's what its called, but I can't be bothered to look it up.) She then decided to create her own fantasy team. Since she didn't belong to a league, the prospect of competing only against people she didn't know did not appeal.

My brother was convinced to create a league for us and, from now on, he will be referred to as "Commissioner". My understanding is that leagues require 8 teams. Our league is made up of Mom, Dad, Commissioner, 3 of Commissioner's friends, and me. If you are good at math, you may have noticed that one plus one plus one plus three plus one leaves us with one bullet.

That was just nonsense. The Commissioner has ended up with two teams to give us the necessary total.

You probably already know that, in order to have a fantasy team, you must choose your team in a draft. Luckily, it is possible to set up an auto draft. That is what I did (with some help from Commissioner). I'm told that my team is good and I do recognize about 3 names. I don't have the foggiest clue what to do at this point. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I am not going to wish you luck. You have some of the players that I wanted and you don't even want them. You also failed to mention that I also do not know what this NFL network is or how to use it. Your father may just be trying to butter me up by saying he got it for me. I think just like when we got Bodie he has slyly convinced everyone including me) that this was my idea. I just want to watch my Steelers win. That is really all I care about football. The rest is useless trivia that I cannot get out of my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want my players you can propose a trade. This blog is neither the time nor place for your smack talk, Mother. Take it to the league page and keep it clean!

    ReplyDelete