Monday, October 4, 2010

Love Child

You may recall my various posts about a baby blanket I was making for a friend from work who was expecting. Well, just under 3 weeks ago on September 14, Aiko Smith was born. This afternoon was my first opportunity to see her and her mom, Jody. I went with my friend, Nicole to visit.

I'll start by saying that Aiko (which translates directly to "Love Child") is absolutely beautiful. She has a full head of hair and chubby cheeks. After getting a tour of Jody's new home, Nicole got to hold the baby. We all chatted and Aiko made cute, funny faces. Jody took Aiko back, changed her diaper and after I washed my hands, I got to hold her. This was the result:


I don't have much experience with babies. I tend to do better when they no longer have to be held and can clearly articulate needs/anxieties. Mostly, I like children who can speak in complete sentences.

In my defense, I will say that I held the baby for a good 30 seconds without incident and Jody insisted that she was probably hungry (whether this was out of compassion for me, I may never know).

2 comments:

  1. I can't see the video unless you send it to me which maybe you did. It scares me how much you are like me. Lucky for me you talked in complete sentences when you started and your brother let everybody know what he wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean you don't want to change careers and become our au pair? Seriously, she was hungry and it had nothing to do with you - how could she not love the knitter of her beautiful blanket??!!

    Love that you have a blog, Sara!

    ReplyDelete