Monday, July 12, 2010

Boat Shoes and Blisters

These shoes, called my "skippers" by Delta 1, were just about my favorite pair of summer shoes until they died a year ago. It was a noble death after 3 good years of service. I cannot, in good conscience, wear these shoes in public anymore.

When my skippers died, I tried to replace them. In the end I found these:
I like them, but I don't love them. They aren't super comfortable to walk in, but they are nice enough. This summer I needed something better.

I have wanted a pair of top-siders for a couple of months now. Saturday I finally bought some. I hesitated to buy a pair since I hate to look like a poser and (not owning a boat of any kind) that seemed to be a bit of a risk. In addition, I had a hard time finding any that did not have pink or green plaid as part of the upper.
In the end, I'm very happy with my purchase. I did wear them on Sunday to go to the grocery store. Of course, I got blisters. It doesn't diminish my satisfaction except that I will have to break them in before I can really wear them.

p.s. I know it is just the lighting, but my legs look really tan in these pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Your dad bought a pair of top-siders(Are your sure it isn't dock-siders?),too. He does have a kayak and a canoe. Do they qualify as boats or is he a poser?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad and I can be posers together. They are top-siders.

    ReplyDelete