Thursday, July 1, 2010

Back to my Roots

This morning I woke up a little early (6:46) and looked at my alarm clock. Luckily I noticed that the thing wasn't actually set to go off and wake me. I reached over and turned it on then I rolled over to sleep a few minutes longer.

About an hour later I awoke to find that it was 7:30! I have to leave my apartment by 7:45 to have any chance of making it to work on time. In my half-waking I had forgotten that I re-set my alarm to go off not at 7am, but 6:45. I hopped into a 2 minute shower, dressed quickly, fed the cats, scooped kitty litter, and packed my lunch. It was a frantic rush, but I made it out in time, caught a train to make my connection to Evanston, then waited. The train to Evanston was a good 10 minutes late. Had I know that was going to happen, I would have done something to my hair. Instead, I put it into a pony tail.

My mother likes to call me "pony tail ponytail girl" whenever I pull my hair back like that. For a while, it was what I did nearly every day. My only excuse is that it is easy and my curls are unwieldy. Lately I have been making an effort to "do" my hair, despite the fact that I often think I look like a cocker spaniel in an insane asylum (especially on humid days).

"Pony tail pony tail girl" is bad enough, but for a couple of years my dad insisted that I looked like Don Johnson or Steven Segal (I'm not sure which of those two is worse). My parents are totally weird.



3 comments:

  1. Steven Segal is worse, ponytail, ponytail girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i meant which was worse between steven and don!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am addressing you that is what the comma is for, ponytail ponytail girl. Since you did not understand my first comment - STEVEN SEGAL!

    ReplyDelete