Thursday, October 21, 2010

Darwin

I recently watched the film Creation, starring Paul Bettany and his wife, Jennifer Connelly. It is the story of the internal struggle Charles Darwin had over writing On the Origin of the Species. I cried for about 50% of this movie. Despite this, I really enjoyed it and I fee like I learned quite a bit.

One of the things I liked the best was the conversations they had about Darwin "being at war with God". At one point, one of his children is punished in school for claiming that dinosaurs were real. In reality, we know that the existence of dinosaurs is TOTALLY compatible with the book of Genesis. History has proven that, not only did people continue to believe in God, they chose to flaunt Darwin's science to suit their needs.





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the movie recommendation. It sounds good. I will have to wait until I am in the mood for a good cry. I knew he was really torn by his discoveries but don't know many of the details.

    ReplyDelete