Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

No, I'm not going out Trick-or-Treating, I'm not handing out candy, I'm not doing any of the festive things Halloween calls for. Unfortunately, I'm a bit of a Humbug. I thought about watching a scary movie, but I've already discussed how I feel about that.

What I did do is make what is probably the lamest costume for my cat. I say cat because I only made one costume and I knew there was no way I would manage to get both into costume. As it turns out I had trouble getting even one of them situated. I will give you a preview of the costume elements and you can guess what it is. It should be pretty easy for anyone who reads this blog.

That's right...CAT-niss! It would have been awesome with a bit more preparation and less animated cats. Did you guess? That lump of black yarn at the top of the photo is the braid I made. The mouse toy is her prey, there is the mockingjay pin and bow and arrow.

I managed to get Owl into the costume, but she wouldn't sit still for a photo. This is the best I could do...at least you can see the braid!

2 comments:

  1. Impressive! Looks like you had about as much fun getting Owl to sit still for a pic as I did getting Winnie to sit still. The only thing that worked for us was having one person take the pic while the other hovered behind, holding a treat next to the camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. I always did like homemade costumes.

    ReplyDelete