Thursday, October 28, 2010

In Honor of the Project Runway Finale

Short post today since I got my hair cut then hustled home to watch the finale of Project Runway

GO MONDO!!! (his hair is A-MAZING for the runway show)

I figured I would feature another knitting project of mine. It was my first foray into color work. I dread the thought of doing intarsia, but fair isle seemed interesting.

Here are the results:

The idea was to have a pair of these fingerless gloves for those days at work when it gets a little chilly. I can wear them and still type, shuffle paper, etc. I knit it in the round using leftover gray yarn from Arne's scarf and some red yarn I picked up on sale. I love it...now to make the second one!

Next on my list are some cute bath-mitts that will hopefully be fun christmas gifts (my first truly cabled endeavor) and the daunting task of a fisherman's sweater for my father (my first try at anything requiring shaping).

2 comments:

  1. I love the gloves but have never been so disappointed in a Project Runway Winner. I loved Mondo and his clothes. When did it become project ready to wear and diaper pants? I almost like Jessica Simpson as long as she does not sing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always knew you were a JSimp fan, Mom! You can't hide your true feelings from your daughter. I am planning to vent my frustrations on today's blog.

    ReplyDelete