Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Whose Voice is That?!

I love it when I am watching an older movie and I hear something familiar in one of the actor's voices. It is like an itch that I can only scratch once I figure out how I know that voice. It happened to me tonight. I was watching Indiscreet, a Carey Grant and Ingrid Bergman film. I had never seen it before, and the two lead actors were the only ones I knew.
While watching this part of the film, the lightbulb went on and I knew where I had heard Alfred's voice. The actor doesn't speak very much, so in the beginning I just had a nagging feeling I knew the voice. Here he gets angry and goes on a bit of a rant. All of a sudden, I heard it. Can you?

"No boy, no note!"
You need to go to 4:32 to hear it. I checked it on imdb and the actor, Cecil Parker, played both the Captain and Alfred. Itch scratched.

1 comment:

  1. Two great movies. Was Cecil in any other movies? They might be worth watching. I wonder if you would find the pirates on IMDB and how many movies they were in.

    ReplyDelete