Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Colbert Diaries

This segment appeared on last night's Colbert Report. It is cringe-inducingly wonderful. I can't believe Laura Ingraham agreed to go on the show, she was visibly uncomfortable and had to be offended.

You can view it here
I had some trouble embedding the video, so I apologize that I couldn't have it right on this page.

I loved how she thought they were playing together but he wasn't going to let her get away with that tripe. Talk about disrespectful, she has Obama writing at about a 3rd grade level. And what was that about "banshee" being racially charged because of Native Americans? I think she has her mythologies a little mixed up. As my mother knows, that is an unforgivable sin with me. At worst, she can accuse him of being anti-Irish (which is unlikely, he's actually anti-shrieking Conservative). It is almost as though she was unaware that he is just playing the part of a Conservative Pundit on the show. It is really his job to make people laugh and to send up the absurdities of politics in general and right-wing politics in particular.

1 comment:

  1. This book is on the nonfiction list? Is that legal?

    ReplyDelete