Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Guess who has Mockingjay?!

I Do!!!!

On my lunch break I popped over to Borders to pick up my copy of the 3rd and final book of the Hunger Games trilogy. I was surprised this morning to receive a 33% off coupon from Borders via email, so I thought it was destiny.

When I got there and went to check out, the girl at the register was so excited to sell me the book (she already had hers) that she found a 50% off coupon for me to use. The book ended up being about $8! I'd have paid much more.

I cannot wait to start reading. I probably won't come up for air until the middle of the night.

After getting the book, I happily strolled over to Noodles & Co to get some lunch. I was in the mood for something from their "Asian" menu. They have "Japanese Pan Noodles" that sounded good but I noticed the little chili pepper next to it indicating that is was spicy.

I really hoped I could get it without it being spicy. Here is our dialogue, paraphrased:

Noodle Girl: Can I help whose next?
Me: Hi, yes. Can I get the Japanese Pan Noodles, just not spicy?
NG: They aren't spicy.
Me: Well, your sign has a little pepper next to it saying that it is spicy.
(I point and she looks at the menu, for a really long time)
NG: Hmm, well I've had it before and its not spicy, and I like spicy food.
(At this point I probably made a bit of a face since I was thinking that is the exact opposite of convincing)
Me: Okay, I guess I'll try it. (Clearly I was convinced. Or, if not convinced, at least not dissuaded by her poor logic)

In the end, the noodles were fine (but spicy!) By the time I was finished, I definitely needed something to cool my mouth off. Luckily, we have some ice cream bars at work that did the trick.

4 comments:

  1. Ha, I like the Japanese pan noodles there, but my problem is that they're not at all spicy. Different palates, different tastes. :)

    So jealous that you've got your copy already...hoping mine is waiting for me at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pissed. I ordered my copy before any of you and it's somewhere in Minnesota right now. That's the last time I pre-order a book from Amazon!

    And I'm double-jealous of you, Sara, because you can go to Noodles and Co. any time you want. I LOVE that place and I never get to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Livin' the life. I never order online if I can just go pick something up. Words to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my copy today. I got home pretty late and did not want to start since I have to go to work in the AM. I have my weekend planned.

    ReplyDelete