Friday, January 14, 2011

Fantasy Casting: Everyone Else (Except Katniss)



I feel like saving Katniss for last and doing her post tomorrow. Today I'll talk about some of the other characters, and when I have ideas about who could play them, I'll let you know!

Caesar Flickerman is the host of the Hunger Games and manages to build a rapport with each of the contestants, putting them a ease, despite the fact that the next day they are all going to try to kill each other. He changes his appearance each year, matching his hair to his suit in all the colors of the spectrum.

I imagine him to be very charismatic and probably gay. Alan Cumming is my pick.

Katniss and Prim's mother comes from the wealthier class of District 12. She was the daughter of the pharmacist and even though she now lives in the Seam with the miners, she still practices her healing on residents. It is said that Prim takes after her in appearance and healing ability. She should be fair and thin and maybe look comparatively weak next to Katniss. It should only be when someone needs her knowledge and skill that she takes matters into her own hands.

At 32, Sarah Polly is a bit young for the role, but she's a really good actress and not over-exposed.

So, are there any other character you think we should cast? Cinna? Greasy Sae? Gale?

4 comments:

  1. LOVE Alan Cumming for Caesar. Well done!

    I also like Sarah Polly for the mother.

    I'm still 100% behind Elizabeth Gillies for Katniss. I admit I have no idea if she can act, but physically I think she's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the choices. I haven't heard of Elizabeth Gillies before, but looking at her picture, she looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, just realized I posted under my alias. I'm assuming you knew it was me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was you! The chances of someone named Jamie showing up here are pretty slim.

    ReplyDelete