Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Do it for the children

Season 3 of RuPaul's Drag Race began on Monday. I know that only a couple of you watch it, but I just can't contain my excitement. I am watching it online, which means that I have to wait until Tuesday each week. This pains me, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

I am going to make it my mission to convert everyone into a RPDR believer.

Reasons to watch RPDR:
1. Religious Sensitivity
One queen (Mimi Imfurst) broke down during the first elimination challenge because she couldn't sew. When her look (a sequined take on Mary at the nativity) was actually praised, she broke down once again.
2. Vocabulary Lessons
I bet you didn't know "mop" means to steal (unless you have seen Paris is Burning, or are a Drag Queen yourself).
3. Anatomy
No amount of blurring can hide Carmen Carrera's assets.
4. Camp, Comedy, and Pathos
While "lip-synching for their lives" to a Vanessa Williams song, two queens drop their wigs and literally duke it out on stage.

If you do one thing for yourself this week, watch Drag Race.


No comments:

Post a Comment