Tuesday, May 11, 2010

She & Him

I recently recommended the duo She & Him to my mother as something she might like. They have been around for a year or two and their music is like a cool, adult contemporary folk with a retro feel. It sounds like something that is simultaneously old and new.



She is Zooey Deschanel the actress from Elf, 500 Days of Summer, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and lots of other stuff you've probably seen.

Him is M Ward, a musician who has played with many artists and is a member of the Folk groups My Morning Jacket and Monsters of Folk.

So far, my favorite songs are "Sentimental Heart" "Change is Hard" and "This is Not a Test", but everything is pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. That's right, I meant to tell you -- they were featured in Time Out Chicago last week (?). They're doing a show in Millennium Park on June 7th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. I'll have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete