Monday, May 31, 2010

Yuck! But still pretty impressive.

This was a gift from my Uncle Jim (who is an artist and has even had his work appear on the cover of a published book) in response to my sometimes over-the-top reaction to spiders and images or portrayals of them. I think he was specifically trying to get me to sympathize with their plight through anthropomorphizing them. Even by mixing my most despised of creatures with one of my favorite people!

I don't know if it had the desired effect on me, but you can judge for yourselves.
WARNING:images after the jump there may be disturbing in nature!




Poor Rufus, I don't know that I think he deserves this!

3 comments:

  1. I think it just made me afraid of Rufus. Especially the pic that looks like he is wearing a Davy Crockett hat. I have never had a problem with spiders, but I may now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have one or two more gifts coming from your Uncle Jim.

    But I promise that will be it for the spider issue.

    As my point was well taken and understood.

    I always knew you were a smart cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoever "Anonymous" is, he seems to be predicting some pretty ominous gifts in my future! I don't think I'll mention any other phobias. ;-)

    ReplyDelete