Monday, May 10, 2010

V.I.P.'s



SO. MUCH. FUN!

I thought it was a really great night. Everyone had a good time and I don't think any of us had ever been to such a place.

When we arrived, we got a drink and headed down to the basement where the stage was located. We were at a disadvantage since I was the tallest in our group, topping out at about 5'6" in my heels. The first queen performed and I don't think the Munchkinlanders (you can just see their heads at the bottom left of the picture above) could see a thing. Luckily, there was a windowed balcony and we hustled upstairs to get a good view. Pretty soon, Nina came out and did her thing to one song. It looked like quite the workout and she lost her crazy headpiece doing a cartwheel! After that, she emceed a dance contest by an eclectic group of "dancers". She was very funny in between songs, asking for drinks and finishing them. At one point, someone (I think an employee) gave her a bottle of water. She did sip it, but went straight back to drinking what everyone else had.

They announced a 10 minute break (which was really about a half an hour). In that time, our little country belle didn't stop dancing. I don't know if it was the drink, or maybe the synthetic fibers of her wig, but she was having a good time.



After the break, another queen came out to perform then Nina was back on. This time she did two songs, the second was her song "Loca". Once that was done, we had the V.I.P. meet and greet, which was basically a cattle call in which we had 5 seconds to get our picture with her.

Askew wigs and barking dogs aside, it was a great night.

6 comments:

  1. Oh well now isn't that just a spectacularly wonderful picture of me?

    Post it on Facebook and I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty cat. I will let you fall in love with that kitty cat, and then, on some dark, cold night, I will steal away into your home and punch you in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be adding revenge to the long list of things you're no good at, right next to being married, and finding a hairstyle that doesn't look like a lesbian.

    This is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. Both of your comments literally made me LOL. And no, I couldn't see the first queen, you GIANT WIGLESS FREAK PERSON.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, I forgot you prefer "little person"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which one is Nina?

    ReplyDelete