Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What A Day!

As much as I enjoyed having a nice, long, 3 day weekend, nothing is worse than going in to work with not two, but three days to catch up on! I didn't get a single thing done until 5:30, and I'm supposed to leave at 5.

Because of this, my post today will be about where I'd rather be...
Holding hands and looking for a dummy!

Actually, there are a lot of places I'd rather be, but Presque Isle is definitely on that list.

Oh, the days of sitting in a cement block building, telling time military style, grinding out a living and just being "the keystone of Lifeguard Operations"* Life was good. I didn't have to let anyone into the office that I didn't want (unless they had more seniority), my radio policy was a paragon and, after the first year, not a day went by that I didn't laugh my ass off!

Sure, there were times when things got rough. Not every day was a great day but, in the nearly 3 years since I worked there, I have never regretted that I stayed so long. I hope this is one of the great summers at P.I. and that everyone stays safe.

*This was an actual phrase on one of my year-end evaluations. Thanks, boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment