Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!


When, like me, you couldn't ask for a better father, it becomes difficult to think of a way of expressing your gratitude. I usually resort to cards with quips about being "wrapped around my finger" etc.

Neither of us is a fan of the long greeting card message, we are much more comfortable giving and receiving something brief and/or humorous. This year was no exception. There was a cute card, a small gift, and a phone call to commemorate the day.

So, to the man who:

sat patiently while I cried in anticipation of the kickback from a rifle during target practice (it never really hurt that bad),

would drop everything and drive the 8 hours round trip from Erie to State College to pick me up for a weekend on short notice,

took his first international trip, outside the U.S. and Canada, to Greece and then DROVE in that crazy country to visit me,

Hauled a love seat from St. Cloud to Chicago in the middle of a December snowstorm then fretted that I may fall out of my 9th story window in my first apartment in the Windy City,

Thank you! and Happy Father's Day!

6 comments:

  1. You may not be sentimental but you brought tears to our eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. should I have thrown in something snarky? like...doesn't hesitate to remind me of the time i put a cloth soaked in fox urine on my face?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your comment made me laugh-much more in character. The Sara we know and love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think he should have got a HUGE thanks for having to listening to that neighbor girl talk and talk and talk. i now realize how overwhelming a smaill child is that doesn't shut up!!! i recently went to my friend stefanie's house and she has a 2 1/2 yr old little girl (Lydia) and a 3 mos old son. i was there for 4 hrs and lydia seriously talked the whole time i was there. fortunately, i was entertained by lydia b/c i totally saw myself in her but now know the torture i put on everyone in my life including Wonny who was just the quiet dad of my bff!!!! happy belated dad's day wonny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised you let Lydia get a word in! Just kidding. At least you didn't walk into our house and demand identification from visiting relatives!

    ReplyDelete
  6. seriously, i think that was my g'pa's favorite story to tell... he always got a kick out of it. p.s. we are going to clean their house this weekend so make sure you put kelly's phone # in your phone b/c her and my dad will prob send you another crazy pic w/o me know what the hell they are doing

    ReplyDelete