Tuesday, June 8, 2010

PBR me, "Glee"


I stayed an hour late at work today to try and catch up on some work that will never get caught up. It was raining and pretty crummy outside so all I wanted to do was get home and watch "Glee". When I got off the train I picked up a sub and headed home. At my back door I tried to find my keys. They were nowhere to be found. It was just perfect.

My friend, Kathryn, has a spare set but to get to her place would take a good hour and a half round trip. The situation seemed hopeless.

Luckily, I heard my neighbors two stories up talking on the fire escape. I had never formally met them (and I wasn't even sure if we had informally met) all they were were voices without faces. A little self-consciously I made my way upstairs. One girl (not a neighbor) was sitting outside and when I explained the situation she yelled "Nicole!" and my actual neighbor appeared. It turned out that Nicole and her husband, Timothy (I think) had the number of the apartment management company so I could call.

They were really very nice to me. They offered me a PBR tallboy and we sat around waiting for the Super to show up. A little before 8, another neighbor made his way upstairs insisting that we watch Lady Gaga's "Alejandro" video (which we did) then we all bonded over our mutual love of men in fishnets and high heels and "Glee".


To my delight, they invited me in to watch the season finale. We shouted at the TV and at 8:30 the Super unlocked my door. I watched the last half hour alone, almost wishing I were still imposing on my entertaining upstairs neighbors.

6 comments:

  1. Aww, sounds like your Glee Tragedy ended much better than mine did--my stupid DVR didn't record it because it won't stop recording that stupid, stupid recap of True Blood Season 2. Over.and.over.and.over.and.over.again. Anyway, you should have called--your keys are on my keyring with me, and I was probably still at work or on my way home when you got home. I could have met you at Belmont.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like forgetting your keys was a good thing, Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kathryn. I figured that since it was already 7, you were probably on your way home. I definitely would have called if the neighbors hadn't been outside. Once I did call, I was pretty much locked in to that plan of action.

    I am wondering what i should do as a thank you. I was thinking a nice 6-pack with a note.

    Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. kathryn it's on hulu usually b/c that's where i watch it b/c my household doesn't do glee and it dvring other things all the time.

    sara you should just sing glee songs in the hallway as a thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I want them to LIKE me, Joanna. Not dread me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I'm going to have to catch it on Hulu, but I much prefer to watch it without all the annoying commercials. Plus I'm just mad at my stupid, stupid dvr.

    And I agree that Glee songs in the hallway would be a GREAT thank you! I recommend Vogue, complete with voguing.

    ReplyDelete