Friday, June 4, 2010

I Love Cream Puffs!


Yesterday we had a little morning get-together in our office conference room. To be honest, we don't really have time for this sort of thing, so I usually resent it at this time of year.

Something changed all that. A cream puff. Not just any cream puff, but a Beard Papa cream puff. It was so light and airy, but crispy outside and filled with a strawberry cream filling. So good. I could have eaten a dozen.

Apparently the franchise (which started in Japan) has just recently made it to Chicago and is now nestled somewhere between the Red and Blue Line trains in the Loop. Really, these things were SO good. I know not many of you live here, but if you ever come across one of these bakeries, I urge you to go inside.

Check out the website, it is adorable. Especially the history of the shop.

5 comments:

  1. Mmm, good to know--they're in the new building across from the courthouse, and I'm going to go crazy there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sure you'd sniff it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I have two places, Beard Papa and a Serbian restaurant, to visit the next time I am in Chicago. Your description reminds me of the cream puffs we use to get at the Wesleyville Bakery. They were also light and crispy but filled with custard. Mmmmm. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SLM is so right!
    Those Wesleyville cream puffs were out of this world delicious!
    And ranks right up there in the top 4 places and food memories of Wesleyville Pa.

    1.Gus's...Hotdogs(all the way of course) with an orange soda. Boy that was good!
    Gus's chile W/an orange soda. Mmmm mmm boy i can taste it now.

    2.Russe's Dinner...Pizza burgers & Russe's french fries were the best!

    3.Barbato's...Pizza and Antipasto salad,was really good.

    4.Wesleyville bakery...Cream Puffs with custard filling. Mmmm Mmm heavenly!


    Now I'm hungry! Later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I've only been to 1 of those 4. I do love some Barbato's gnocchi.

    ReplyDelete