Saturday, June 19, 2010

Time for a Group Hug

My mom told me last weekend that she heard John Stamos will be joining the cast of "Glee" next season. He will be playing the role of Emma Pilsbury's dentist boyfriend. My immediate response was "well, he was the lead singer or Jesse and the Rippers." I also mentioned his his famous (or infamous) collaboration with The Beach Boys.

This is the only video I could find of this particular episode, so if you are interested, you'll need to go to the end to see the Beach Boys.

Mom was a bit surprised that I knew all of this, but I told her she could ask just about any girl my age and she would know about Jesse and the Rippers and the Beach Boys episode.

What I didn't realize, is that the first time the Beach Boys appeared on "Full House" it was just the second season. I was getting confused and thought it was when the Tanners went to Hawaii and got lost on a deserted island only to find that the sounds they took for the drums of cannibals, was actually a luau at their resort. Apparently, the Beach Boys were not even in that two part episode.

Anyway, I think "Glee" is the perfect place for John Stamos. He was the bee's knees on "Full House" but missed the boat by joining the cast of "ER" at a time when nobody even knew it was still on. He is still very good looking and can give Will Scheuster a run for his money with Emma. I'll be on team dentist when it comes to the next season of "Glee".

3 comments:

  1. I'm a John Stamos fan, too. He is cute and just something about his is likable. I watched the clip and of course it reminded us of you and Ryan singing Kokomo at the recording studio in Pgh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "how rude!"
    i think we sang "California Girls"

    ReplyDelete